View all thirteen award categories below and apply for the ones applicable to you
2019 AWARD CATEGORIES
Intelligent automation (IA)—the combination of artificial intelligence and automation—enabling companies to achieve unparalleled productivity and efficiency by dissecting and synthesising vast swarms of data to automate entire workflows and processes. Applications of IA range from ingesting and analysing textual data, to guiding autonomous robots and vehicles. If you’re developing IA solutions which businesses can use to streamline business and operational processes and enhance complex decision-making capabilities, then send your nomination for this award.
As many businesses look toward productivity and automation of roles and tasks, Natural Language Processing sits at the heart of the opportunity. Whether specifically focused on ‘understanding’, ‘generating’, or the end-to-end process itself – there is a great amount of potential for enterprises to adopt NLP into their organization, and this award champions the providers at the head of the curve.
While the conversation around AI & ML solutions tends to focus on the software front, a comprehensive set of hardware support is essential in making the most of the AI revolution. With processing power a prerequisite of any AI advancement, it is imperative to recognise the framework on which nearly all AI functionality is conducted. If your company is involved with the production, supply or distribution of hardware which is enabling the advancement of AI then this award is to celebrate your achievement in making an AI-powered world possible.
Is your business a pioneer in Deep Learning, helping to drive machine learning applications toward the true potential of AI? Deep Learning is recognised as one of the key pillars for advancing practical AI and is enabling exponential development of applications for real world businesses, in analysing data across image, text, and sound. This is your opportunity to highlight how and why you’re the driving force behind the opportunity it presents.
AI has the potential to comprehensively overhaul the relation between business and customer. Bespoke, personalised outreach and publicity will soon be the new norm in customer-focused sales & marketing operations. Service levels, CRM & CEM – often challenging areas on multiple fronts for large organisations – will see pivotal changes powered by AI solutions. This award celebrates the renaissance of the customer and business duality fuelled by the advent of intelligent solutions.
Financial Services is wide open for AI adoption, and with investment levels to exceed $4.5 billion by 2025 (Tractica), competition is fierce to disrupt the sector and get ahead in the race for AI. Practical applications of AI have been most felt in transforming the customer experience and for the roboticization of regulatory tasks, but AI is fast on its way to augmenting and automating every corner of the industry. If you have a product or service that is set to transform the finance industry, than this award is for you.
Artificial intelligence is transforming the healthcare industry by improving diagnostics, predicting outcomes, and changing the way doctors think about providing care. Major organisations such as IBM are focusing their efforts on this industry, while new start-ups are forming frequently with the purpose of solving complicated healthcare problems. If your company is developing AI that revolutionises the way in which humans can care for each other, this award is for you!
‘’By 2020, experts predict that over 85% of all customer interactions will be handled in the absence of a human agent.”
Virtual Assistants, Chatbots, Sentiment Analysis, Emotion AI and Recommendation platforms are some of the ways AI is helping to improve the relationship between businesses and their customers. As we now live in the ‘age of the customer’ investment in a highly accurate, scalable and personable intelligent customer service platform is integral to building the best possible customer journey and experience. This award therefore celebrates the companies who are helping to progress the interactions between the buyer and seller and helping improve customer satisfaction.
AI is revolutionising business productivity and efficiency across all industries. While only at the beginning of what is a wholly transformative journey, a significant number of practical AI applications are already available to enterprises across the globe. This flagship award category recognises the industry leaders putting forward the most comprehensive and effective solutions to the market – across any industry. Take the stage and show the world’s leading enterprises how AI will make them better in the future.
In such a fast-paced ecosystem, start-ups are emerging daily with fantastic innovations and technological breakthroughs across a range of AI technologies. The Best AI Start-Up award focuses on the business itself as well as the technology and is designed to raise the profile of those leading the field in both technology, product market fit, and scale-up potential.
From January 2015 to January 2018, the amount of AI start-ups increased by more than 200%. This huge upsurge which was only made possible due to a 4.5x increase in VC funding during the same time period meaning VC’s/Incubators/Accelerators allow for companies to have the appropriate infrastructure, knowledge and funding to thrive.
If you’ve launched a particular cohort of start-ups, had a successful exit or raised a significant fund, spring boarded a new initiative or helped develop a revolutionary product then this award will recognise your achievements. Whilst success in helping Start-ups is at the core of this award, promoting and celebrating companies who incorporate diversity, ethics and sustainability into their mission statements is a key influencer to victory.
Are you a pioneer for corporate innovation? Built a data team from scratch or changed the internal structure of your company to scale new AI projects? Developed your initiative internally or have a partner success story? If the answer is yes to any of the above then this is the award for you to tell your story to AI’s major stakeholders, global press and media, and the brightest minds who are eager to find their next move in the industry.
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to help overcome humanity’s biggest challenges, there are a huge number of applications where AI will not only deliver value for businesses but also improve the world itself. This award applauds companies for utilising AI as a positive force for change; the innovations in research and product development that work to create a more sustainable and accessible world; and the AI pioneers that hold the values of leveraging AI for good at their core.
Contact our Awards Curator, Yash Puwar, to apply for this category
- Select one or more categories to enter
- Read each category description carefully, at https://theaiconics.com/
- Ensure entries are aligned to the relevant category
- Select your category and follow the entry guidelines
- Upload your supporting documents by sending them to email@example.com
- Remember, your project can be entered into multiple categories, as long it meets the entry criteria
- Please ensure you leave sufficient time to complete the process, no later than May 18th, 2019
- Save the day for the Awards Ceremony – and book any extra tickets required
- Once complete, you’re in the countdown until the shortlist is announced on June 4th, 2019
- Keep it simple : Be clear and specific, with a concisely explained entry. Include some background and outline your objectives and strategy. Provide examples and focus on a tangible case study approach
- Stick to the word count : Keep your entry within the word count (bullet points can help) and don’t include too much extra literature. Judges have to be fair to all entries, so content above the word count will be excluded
- Include relevant supporting material only if needed : You are encouraged to provide evidence fitting the criteria through supporting documents, to help your entry only if necessary. Try and explain it in the allocated answer section
- Select your category and follow the entry guidelines
- Consider multiple categories : Take a look at the other categories your entry could be relevant to. As long as it meets the criteria, you can adapt your entry for additional categories and create more chances to win an award. If you decide to enter more categories, tailor your entries – don’t just copy and paste the same content
- Be passionate : Ask someone objective to read your entry. If they aren’t impressed, our judges probably won’t be either. Explain why you are passionate about your entry and why people should care about it. Provide context so the judges can understand the scale of what you have achieved
- Start early : Give yourself the time to do your entry justice, with a really solid submission. Don’t leave it too late and be forced to rush something – start now, so you can deliver by the May 18th, 2019 entry deadline
- The entry form must be completed using the online form available below. Only fully completed entry forms will be accepted.
- Each entry costs £99 +VAT; there is a discount of 25% for 3 or more entries. Payment will be accepted by credit card or invoice (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for invoice request).
- All entrant companies need to email the high res company logo to email@example.com as well as any supplementary material.
- All entries must be submitted online by Friday 18th of May 2019, 23:59 GMT when entries will be closed.
- Supporting evidence or documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No additional supporting evidence for your entry such as pictures, videos, powerpoint presentations, product brochures will be accepted 24 hours after the entry form has been submitted, apart from your logos which must be supplied in jpeg and a high resolution print format (preferably .eps). Please ensure any supporting evidence is relevant.
- The Entry Form and your logos represent the full and entire Official Entry. No further information is required. Attempts to further influence the judges by any means outside of, or in addition to, the Official Entry may result in disqualification.
- On receipt of your entry, the awards administrators will confirm its arrival via email. If you do not obtain such a receipt within 3 days, it is your responsibility to contact us to confirm its arrival. Unless you have this written or verbal confirmation from us, we cannot guarantee the arrival of your entry. Please direct any enquiries to email@example.com.
- It is essential that we can contact you easily with questions regarding your entry, or judging enquiries and requests for further information. Therefore, please provide us with an awards liaison representative who can take these enquiries. You must provide their full contact details on the entry form.
- Up to 6 companies will be shortlisted in each category and the shortlists will be published by the 4th of June 2019. The winners will be announced during the Awards Ceremony at Kensington Palace on the 11th of June 2019.
- Shortlisted companies will:
- Be featured on www.aibusiness.com and www.theAIconics.com websites.
- Be featured in the AIconics Awards press release
- Receive the right to use “Shortlisted The AIconics Awards” iconography (provided by AIBusiness.com) on their own promotional materials, including print, emails and websites.
- Have the opportunity to purchase advertising to support their shortlisting on the www.aibusiness.com website and in printed collateral
- Have the opportunity to interview with the event’s media partners, including www.aibusiness.com
- AIBusiness.com will publish details of the shortlisted entrants, and category winners, including profiles of their projects/technologies/services etc using information taken from the entry form. We will not reveal the names of those companies/individuals who are not shortlisted.
The Winners will be announced during The AIconics Awards Ceremony on the 11th of June 2019 and not before, and in the Winners Press Release announced the following day.
- The AIconics Awards Ceremony on the 11th of June 2019 at Kensington Palace
- Receive a Winners photo of the presentation of the Awards
- Be included in The AIconics Winners press release
- Be featured on The AIconics Winners website
- Receive a full dedicated & ‘feature’ interview on the AIbusiness.org homepage
- Have follow-up access to all attending press & media of The AI Summit
- Be featured in The AIconics Winner HTML posted to the full AIBusiness.com 20,000 strong mailing list
- Be able to use “Winners of The AIconics” logo and icon on their own promotional materials